WELCOME TO THE ELEMENTARY MONTESSORI AT GURUKUL
The Elementary Montessori program is based on catering to the changing needs of the child as he enters a new period of growth and development. This period is characterized by:
- A transition from concrete to abstract thinking
- A growing interest in socialization
- Thinking and memory that is enhanced by creativity and imagination
- An interest in fairness, social justice, and compassion.
- A growing interest in the community
Children at this stage are in a period of rapid intellectual growth as they develop the ability for rational thinking. They want to know the how and why of things through exploration and experimentation. The Great Stories or the Cosmic curriculum forms the basis of all exploration in the Elementary helping the child fix his place in the grand scheme of interdependence and interrelationship of all things in the universe.